We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The 55-year-old pro dancer ‑ a judge for a two-week stint last year ‑ will join Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse and Ballas full time on the next series. He takes over from US-based Bruno Tonioli, who is still unable to appear due to travel uncertainty caused by the pandemic.
Ballas, 60, suggested Du Beke would know the pressures faced by celebrity contestants after his 18 series as a partner on the show. She told Hello! magazine: “He will be just fabulous. He’ll approach everything with kindness, because he’s been on the other end of that wagging finger.
“The public really loves him, and he’s worn his heart on his sleeve about wanting to be an adjudicator for so long, so I am really pleased for him.”
Ballas praised actor Greg Wise, who is dancing for his sister Clare ‑ she died from cancer in 2016: “Anybody who dances from the heart is always more unique. It’s not always just about footwork, it is about that soul and performing in that honest, giving way.”
Ballas spoke to Hello! to back Macmillan Cancer Support’s Coffee Morning fundraiser. She urged fans to take part on September 24: “It will really help us deliver these services to people living with cancer,” she said.
The full interview appears in the current Hello!. Strictly Come Dancing airs from September 18 on BBC One.
Source: Read Full Article