FBI raid Maine home of Time Square 19-year-old- attacker

FBI raid Maine home of ‘All-American jihadi’: Times Square ‘terrorist’, 19, arrested with chilling manifesto loved NFL and dreamed of being a soldier before converting to Islam after dad’s death

  • Trevor Bickford, 19, of Maine is accused of slashing two NYPD cops on Saturday 
  • The alleged Islamic extremist is believed to become radicalized in recent years 
  • Bickford appeared to be a typical teen in Wells, Maine who made the honor roll, won awards for his artwork, played football, and marched with color guard
  • It’s believed he became a radicalized Muslim after his father died of an overdose 
  • Bickford allegedly took Amtrak to New York City and slashed two NYPD officers with a machete near Times Square on New Year’s Eve
  • Another cop shot Bickford, who now remains hospitalized. Charges are pending 

The FBI raided the home of the teen who allegedly struck and injured three New York City police officers with a machete near Times Square on New Year’s Eve. 

FBI officials entered Trevor Bickford’s house on Alpine Drive in Wells, Maine, on Sunday. 

The raid came one day after the 19-year-old, who appeared to be a typical, all-American teen before allegedly radicalizing himself to Islam, allegedly attacked the officers in one of New York’s most popular tourist areas.  

Before the attack on New Year’s Eve, Bickford had been an honor roll student, won awards for his artwork, and was a member of the championship football team in his hometown.

Officials with the FBI raided the home of 19-year-old Trevor Bickford in Wells, Maine, just a day after the teen allegedly struck two NYPD officers in the head with a machete

Bickford allegedly lacerated one of the three officer’s heads and broke another’s skull with the machete. He is pictured wearing a Kufi cap, which many male followers of Islam traditionally wear, while posing for a photo with his dog 

Bickford’s house is located on Alpine Street in Wells, Maine – nearly five hours north of NYC

Several vehicles from FBI officials were parked in the home’s driveway as the teen remains in custody 

But after his father died of a drug overdose in 2018, it’s believed Bickford’s life descended into turmoil.

By the time Bickford made his way to New York City on Amtrak alone for the alleged attacks this weekend, the teen was already reportedly on the FBI’s radar.

He was on the Bureau’s terrorism ‘Guardian Watchlist,’ and had told his aunt he was planning to travel to Afghanistan to fight, sources told The New York Post.

On Saturday night, Bickford allegedly attacked two NYPD police officers on Eighth Avenue between 51st and 52nd Street, right outside Times Square where thousands of revelers were ringing in the new year.

Another officer shot at Bickford, striking him in the shoulder. He remains hospitalized at the Bellevue and charges are pending.  

The whole family is pictured in happier times at the Tower of Terror in Disney World

Trevor Bickford, 19, appeared to be a typical teen before he allegedly became radicalized and made his way to Times Square on New Year’s Eve where he is accused of slashing two cops

Bickford does not have a criminal record according to a preliminary investigation, but police sources say the Bureau in Boston has an open case on him.

Authorities have told NBC they were looking into whether the suspect had previously posted what they called jihadist writings online and then traveled to New York City to target police.

Photos posted to Facebook show Bickford at different times of his life, many with his two brothers Devin and Travis.

There are photos of him playing football with the championship Wells High School Warriors football team, singing in the choir, and marching with the color guard.

As recently as 2020, he was among a group of students to win awards for their artwork. Bickford won for his work in jewelry, Seacoastonline reported at the time.

Prior to his death in 2018 – reportedly of a drug overdose – his father Thomas Bickford proudly posted photos of his sons and their achievements.

Family and friends were quick to praise the boys and their bright futures. Bickford’s father died at the age of 41, according to his obituary.

Bickford (on far right) is pictured on many social media posts with brothers Devin and Travis

Bickford’s father Tom posted a photos of his sons at a Bears game in 2015. Tom died in 2018

His parents Thomas and Audra D’Antilio married on September 9, 2001, and raised three sons, Devin, Trevor, and Travis, in Wells, Maine.

The patriarch of the family could often be found coaching them at football and wrestling, according to the obituary.

His dad Thomas Bickford died unexpectedly in 2018 at age 41, according to his obit

It also said he was sometimes hard on his sons in terms of his style of coaching, but ‘he loved his boys more than anything.’

Bickford’s mother Audra D’Antilio, who eventually remarried, also has a slew of photos on her Facebook page where she gushes about her son, calling him an ‘old soul’ and writes that she feels lucky to be his mother.

On July 28, she shared a photo of Bickford for his 19th birthday and wrote: ‘Happy 19th Birthday Trevor. So proud and lucky to be able to call you my son.

‘You’re an old soul and you amaze me every day with all that you enjoy to explore and do. I love that you have no fear of trying new things, and you truly are the best brother ever. I am so beyond proud of the man you are becoming, I love you.’

Just six months later, Bickford is being accused of the attacks on the NYPD officers. Bickford and the cops are all at Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan, where are all expected to survive.

The attack happened just outside of the high-security zone where thousands of revelers were screened for weapons as they prepared to ring in 2023.

Bickford allegedly slashed two officers with this machete on 8th Avenue near Times Square around 10pm Saturday night where thousands of revelers prepared to ring in the new year

Another officer fired on the suspect, hitting him in the shoulder. All of the injured were taken to Bellevue Hospital where they are in serious but stable condition, officials have said

An investigation was underway to pinpoint a motive for the attack, but authorities said they did not believe there was any ongoing threat to the public.

Michael Driscoll, the assistant director in charge of the FBI’s New York field office, said they believe the attacker acted alone.

Authorities have told NBC they were looking into whether the suspect had previously posted what they called jihadist writings online and then traveled to New York City to target police.

Sources told the New York Post that Bickford packs camping gear, a diary and a last will and testament for his trip down to Manhattan for the attacks. 

Bickford’s mother has a slew of photos on her Facebook page where she gushes about the 19-year-old, calling him an ‘old soul’ and says she’s lucky to be his mother

Photos posted online by his family show Bickford with his brothers or with his dog

A smiling Bickford is pictured in many of his mother’s social media posts

The slashing unfolded just outside the security zone in Times Square, where thousands gathered for the annual New Year’s Eve ball drop. Police screened revelers for contraband such as alcohol, large bags, and weapons.

Video from the scene shows revelers being hurried from the scene by cops attempting to control the scene, located at 52nd street and 8th avenue. Officers can be seen screaming at pedestrians to move away from the crime scene.

The NYPD mounts a massive security operation every year to keep the New Year’s Eve crowd safe. Thousands of officers are deployed in the area, including many new recruits to the force.

The blocks where the biggest crowds gather to see performances and the midnight ball drop can only be accessed through checkpoints where officers use metal-detecting wands to screen for weapons. ‘

Large bags and coolers are banned. Barriers are set up to prevent vehicle attacks in the secure area.

The security perimeter can only extend so far, though. The attack took place on 8th Avenue, which is often packed with thick crowds navigating around the frozen zone or trying to find one of the secure entrances.

Source: Read Full Article