Houston House of Horrors couple seen in a library before arrest

Dumb and Dumber: Moment Houston House of Horrors mom and her gangster-wannabe boyfriend visited library to Google THEMSELVES two days after her three sons were rescued from roach-infested apartment with brother’s corpse

  • Video shows Brian Coulter and Gloria Williams entering a Houston library on October 26, two days after police found skeletal remains of woman’s son
  • In the footage, Coulter and Williams talk to a librarian, and Williams smiles 
  • Pair reported went to the library to read online news articles about their case
  • As soon as Coulter and Williams emerged from the library, they were arrested
  • Coulter, 31, is charged with felony murder for allegedly beating eight-year-old Kendrick Lee to death in November 2020 
  • Williams, 35, faces charges of injury to a child by omission and tampering with evidence 

Newly obtained video shows the couple in the Houston House of Horrors case casually walking into a library to read news articles about the discovery of the woman’s slain son two days prior, before they are arrested by police outside.

Brian Coulter, 31, is charged with felony murder for allegedly punching and kicking her autistic eight-year-old, Kendrick Lee, to death, and then leaving his body to rot in the Houston apartment alongside his starving brothers, ages 15, 10 and 7, for nearly a year. His bond stand at $1 million.

Gloria Williams, 35, Kendrick’s mother, has been charged with injury to a child by omission and tampering with evidence – a human corpse. A judge last week increased her bond to $1.5million after deeming the previous amount of $900,000 ‘insufficient.’ 

Kendrick’s decomposing remains were discovered inside a bare, insect-infested apartment at the CityParc II complex on October 24, after Williams’ eldest son called the authorities for help. 

New video shows Brian Coulter and Gloria Williams, the couple at the center of the Houston House of Horrors investigation, entering a Houston library on October 26, two days after police found the skeletal remains of the woman’s son

Williams is seen above flashing a smile, two days after her starving surviving sons were taken into state custody 

In the video, the pair are seen casually talking to a librarian. They reportedly went to the library to read online news articles about themselves   

Williams and Coulter are seen leaving the library, with the woman holding a sheet of paper

Williams and Coulter were initially interviewed by the police and released.

Two days later, surveillance cameras at Judson W Robinson Westchase Neighborhood Library captured the couple entering the branch at 4.42pm. The video was obtained exclusively by ABC13 through a public records request.

Footage shows the pair, dressed in all black, walking up to a librarian and engaging her in a conversation. Williams is seen flashing a smile at her boyfriend. 

According to previous reporting, Williams and Coulter went to the library to look up news stories about their case involving Kendrick and his surviving brothers. 

The couple later are seen emerging from the library, with Williams holding a sheet of paper in her hand. 

As they approach their parked car, law enforcement officers surround them and taken them into custody. 

During Williams’ bond hearing last week, prosecutors revealed new information about the disturbing case, including that Williams was received payments from the government to help care for three of her children, including Kendrick, totaling $2,000 a month, reported KTRK.


November 20-23, 2020: Brian Coulter allegedly beats eight-year-old Kendrick Lee to death inside apartment at CityParc II complex in Houston

November 23: Coulter is arrested in Luling, Texas, and spends six days in jail after being discovered drunk and in possession of a gun at a convenience store 

November 29: Coulter is released on bail; weapons possession case against him is still pending  

March 2021: Coulter and Gloria Williams, Kendrick’s mother, move out of CityParc II apartment, leaving her three sons to live alone with Kendrick’s skeletal remains 

October 2020: Coulter allegedly attacks Williams’ 10-year-old son, breaking his jaw; the boy receives no medical attention 

October 24: Williams’ 15-year-old son texts his mother that he cannot do this anymore and calls 911 to report his brother’s death; police arrive to discover the corpse in filthy apartment 

October 24, Evening: Deputies question Coulter and Williams, but let them go without charges 

October 26: Harris County Medical Examiner’s Office rules Kendrick Lee’s death a homicide, leading to arrests of Coulter and Williams; boyfriend is charged with murder, while girlfriend is accused of injury to a child by omission and tampering with evidence  

October 27: Judge sets Coulter’s bond at $1million and Williams’ at $900,000 

October 28: Coulter makes first court appearance and agrees to bond conditions 

November 1: Williams appears in court and has attorney assigned to her 

November 5: Judge raises Williams’ bond to $1.5million as prosecutors reveal she was getting $2,000 towards child care   

According to prosecutors, she continued receiving the financial assistance even after Kendrick’s death in November 2020, which she had not reported to the authorities. 

The money that Williams was receiving allowed her to pay rent on two apartments, prosecutors said, including the one where she and Coulter had lived since March. 

A search of the couple’s apartment revealed that it was fully furnished, as opposed to the unit at the CityParc II complex 15 minutes away, where Williams’ sons lived beside the corpse of their brother, which was bare and crawling with cockroaches. 

The children alleged that they were locked in a bedroom room with Kendrick’s decomposing remains, even while Coulter and Williams still lived with them.

Williams allegedly had groceries delivered to the apartment once a month and paid rent on the apartment to prevent Kendrick’s body from being discovered. 

During a jailhouse interview with KHOU11 two weeks ago, Williams said she was ‘sorry’ but denied knowing that Kendrick was dead, even though according to a probable cause statement that was previously read in court, the mother allegedly admitted to investigators that she was aware the child had died, but she was afraid to report it to the police. 

Kendrick’s body was left to rot under a blue blanket in a bug-infested bedroom, in full view of his brothers, for nearly a year while Williams and Coulter moved to another apartment, leaving the children to fend for themselves, according to law enforcement.

When asked why she left her sons – one of whom was seriously injured after being allegedly punched in the face by Coulter – Williams replied: ‘I checked on them every two weeks.’

The children were rescued by sheriff’s deputies after Williams’ 15-year-old son called 911. All three boys were described as malnourished, having been forced to subsist for months on snacks supplied by their mother and food donations from concerned neighbors.   

Authorities alleged that Coulter punched and kicked Kendrick to death around Thanksgiving Day last year, and Williams refused to report him to the police, claiming she was afraid her children would be taken away and she would end up in jail. 

During Williams’ previous court appearance, a prosecutor read aloud a statement of probable cause, which revealed that three of the mother’s surviving children witnessed their brother’s fatal beating. 

The children claimed Coulter struck the eight-year-old with closed fists and kicked him in his face, feet, back, testicles and buttocks.

Coulter, 31 (left), is charged with felony murder for allegedly beating his girlfriend’s autistic eight-year-old to death. Williams, 35 (right), faces charges of injury to a child by omission and tampering with evidence

Kendrick Lee, seen above in a colorful T-shirt, was killed in November 2020 and then left to decompose in an apartment with his brothers for a year 

Williams’ 7-year-old son told deputies Coulter continued kicking Kendrick, who was lying on the floor and not moving, while staring at the younger brother who was in the room.

After Kendrick’s eyes turned black and he stopped blinking, Coulter covered him with a blue blanket, the prosecutor stated.

When Williams entered the bedroom to check on her son and saw that he was dead, she began crying and fighting with Coulter.

Her 15-year-old son told investigators he believed his mother would call the police on Coulter, but ‘she never did.’ She then moved out of the apartment, leaving her surviving children with their brother’s rotting corpse and without any adult supervision.

William’s 10-year-old son told investigators that when Williams came by the apartment at a later date and lifted the blanket off of Kendrick, she found that ‘his body, feet and teeth had turned into a skeleton,’ and that ‘his hair was off.’ His decomposing corpse was said to have been covered with cockroaches.

The 10-year-old also claimed that Coulter would beat him as well, hitting him on the face, stomach, buttocks and legs, and broke his jaw last month.

When police arrived at the apartment on October 24, they found the child with a swollen jaw. At the hospital the following day, the boy said that his mother ‘was aware of the injury but did not seek or obtain medical aid for him,’ the prosecutor said. 

Authorities said that the 10-year-old will require surgery to treat his facial fracture.  

Williams appeared in court last week and had her bond raised to $1.5million

When questioned by detectives, Williams claimed that when she entered the bedroom around Thanksgiving 2020 and found Coulter beating her son Kendrick, she stopped the attack.

After discovering the next day that Kendrick had died, Williams claimed that she confronted her boyfriend, who ‘stated he was sorry, that he lost it and punched him, and continued punching him until he went to sleep.’

Williams allegedly told investigators that she knew her son was dead a year ago, but she did not go to the police because Coulter had told her not to, and also because she was afraid that her children would be taken away and she would go to jail.’

The children lived in deplorable conditions for months as they waited for their mother to call authorities to report that their brother had been beaten to death and left to rot. Investigators say the mother never made that call and the oldest surviving son, a 15-year-old, finally overcame his ‘absolute fear’ and called authorities on Sunday.        

Source: Read Full Article