'Subway Ripper' is arrested by cops while covered in blood after stabbing two homeless people to death in sick spree

A KILLER dubbed the "A-train Ripper" after he killed two people in a stabbing spree on the New York City subway has been arrested.

A manhunt was launched after the frenzied man knifed two homeless people to death and left two others critically injured on the city's A-train line.

Following a city-wide search, police sources told the New York Post that the suspect was arrested on Saturday evening and detained after being located in Upper Manhattan.

A source said the man's shoes were still splattered with his victims' blood and was found with the murder weapon when he was taken in.

The yet-named suspect was in custody at the 34th Precinct in Washington Heights, the source confirmed.

The spree began Friday morning at around 11.30am, not far from where the alleged stabber was caught, authorities said.

A 67-year-old man was stabbed as he pushed his walker along the southbound platform at the 181st Street station in Washington Heights.

“I am going to kill you!” he told cops his attacker screamed, according to sources. He was stabbed in the right knee and left buttocks; while he required surgery, he is expected to survive the attack.

That attack is preliminarily believed to be connected to three subsequent attacks.

Twelve hours later, at 11:29 p.m. Friday, a man was found stabbed to death but still slumped in his seat on an A train at Mott Avenue station in Far Rockaway.

He suffered stab wounds to his neck and torso, and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Some two hours after that, at 1:15 a.m. Saturday, a 44-year-old woman was found sprawled dead, again in a pool of blood, under her subway seat inside an A train at the 207th Street station in Inwood.

Afterward, at 1:28 a.m. Saturday, a 43-year-old man was randomly stabbed as he slept on a stairwell at the A train station at West 181st Street.

He stumbled to a nearby bank on West 181st Street, but collapsed before entering the vestibule, cops said.

The victim is being treated at an area hospital for four puncture wounds to his back, and is in stable condition.

The 44-year-old woman was taken to New York Presbyterian-Allen Hospital, where she was declared dead, according to authorities.

Source: Read Full Article