It looks as if Meghan Markle’s father Thomas will not be walking her down the aisle after all.
Thomas has told TMZ that he will be unable to attend his daughter’s wedding to Prince Harry this weekend, as he is scheduled to have heart surgery on Wednesday (May 16).
“They [doctors] will go in and clear blockage, repair damage and put a stent where it is needed,” he told the gossip site.
On Monday, it was reported that Thomas had suffered a heart attack the week prior, but checked himself out of hospital so he could attend the wedding.
He has since checked himself back into hospital today (May 15), where tests showed the heart attack caused significant damage.
It had previously been reported that Thomas had decided not to attend the wedding, after stories emerged that he had staged photo ops with paparazzi for money.
Thomas then told TMZ he had changed his mind and did not want to miss ‘one of the greatest moments in history and walking my daughter down the aisle.’
He also said that Meghan had tried calling him on Monday but he missed the call. He later received a text from her saying ‘she loved him and was concerned about his health’.
Digital Spy has reached out to Kensington Palace for comment.
The wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will take place at St George’s Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle this Saturday (May 19).
It is unclear now who will be walking Meghan down the aisle, but Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland will be in attendance.
In the UK, the ceremony will be broadcast on the BBC, Sky News and ITV. In the US, over 200 cinemas will be holding screenings.
Source: Read Full Article