Daughter finds dad and stepmum dead after he calls his wife 'the Devil' in chilling 3am Facebook post

Stephen Arnold, 55, described wife Karen as “the Devil” and claimed “everyone was out to kill him” in the message he wrote in the early hours of the morning.

Daughter Leanne Arnold received a phone call from a concerned member of her family who had seen it at 3am on September 6, 2016, the inquest was told.

But, after rushing in to her father’s bedroom she discovered the bodies.

A post-mortem showed Karen had died from multiple stab wounds to her chest and neck.

Stephen had killed himself.

The inquest heard Karen was staying at the couple’s home in New Waltham, Lincs at the time to help out after Stephen had returned from hospital having taken an overdose two days before, the inquest at Cleethorpes Town Hall heard.

The inquest was told how while in hospital he claimed to family that the drip infusion attached to him was “poisoning” him and other patients on the ward “were trying to break his arms and legs.”

Leanne told the inquest her dad was a popular guitarist with the Ultrabeats. She said he was "loveable guy" and a good dad and a proud man.

She had tried to get mental health advice in the days before the tragedy.

She added: "The stuff he was coming out with was like he was hallucinating."

"He got paranoid because we were getting concerned.”

The inquest heard she had taken knives out of the kitchen because of the risk they posed when her dad came out of hospital.

Detective Constable Stephen Jewell told the inquest, following a major incident investigation, it was concluded Stephen had stabbed his wife repeatedly and then killed himself.

The inquest heard caretaker Stephen’s mother told police her son had became convinced his home was bugged and there was something in the Xbox and video player.

On September 2, the inquest heard daughter Leanne contacted support group Open Minds to get leaflets due to his depression and anxieties.

On September 4 he took an overdose of drugs and alcohol and was admitted to hospital.

He told staff he was depressed after finishing work in May.

He was due to start a new job with North East Lincolnshire Council on September 12.

Hospital records showed Stephen’s family tried to convince him to stay in hospital.

Leanne also contacted contacted their Crisis Team to ask for support.

She was told someone would call her back but no one did, the inquest heard.

The inquest continues.

If you have been affected by any of the issues in this story please contact The Samaritans for free on 116 123 (UK), or email jo@samaritans.org

Source: Read Full Article

Leave a Reply