The man, named locally as 19-year-old Artur Gadzhiev, was gunned down by cops after going on a horrific stabbing spree in Surgut
Video released by Ruptyl claims to show the 19-year-old suspect running away before being gunned down in the street.
Shocking footage has emerged of the moment an ‘Isis’ terrorist was shot dead by Russian cops
Footage showed seems to show him being pursued and gunned down in the street
The front figure can eventually be scene slumping to the floor
Isis have claimed responsibility for the knife rampage in Surgut
A video appears to show the suspected terrorist knifeman planting a Molotov cocktail in a busy shopping mall
CCTV allegedly shows 'knifeman attacker igniting explosive device in a Surgut shopping mall'
The suspect appeared to be wearing a fake suicide belt
Police have said they were now investigating the motive of the suspect
Two people were critically injured in the attack
An officer stands over a body at the scene
Seven people injured in Surgut attack, with moment victim tries to flee from stabber
The suspect runs from the scene before being shot
In the latest footage the attacker is seen, clad in black sprinting down the pavement with the cop in hot pursuit.
As they turn the corner the officer appears to draw his weapon as the presumed terrorist continues his attempt to escape.
The hero cop then opens fire as we see the attacker fall face down on the ground.
Last night a video emerged showing the attacker apparently planting or even igniting an explosive device – possibly a Molotov cocktail – in a Surgut shopping mall.
The footage showing an explosion will raise fears that this was a terrorist attack, as the Islamic State has claimed.
The man, named locally as 19-year-old Artur Gadzhiev, was gunned down by cops after going on a horrific stabbing spree in Surgut on Saturday.
Claims have since emerged that the teen’s father, Lametulakh, was registered with Russian police as an “extremist” and was a “supporter” of radical Islam.
The suspect had previously been named locally as a 23-year-old, but news outlet media since claimed his real name was Artur, a teen from Dagestan, a strongly Muslim region of Russia in the Caucasus.
Footage showing the suspect trying to flee the scene has also been caught on CCTV, with the man appearing to throw something away before being shot.
Russia’s Investigations Committee have said they launched a probe into the horror that unfolded about 11.20am local time – with ISIS since having claimed that it was responsible for the attack.
They said: “An unidentified man armed with a knife, moving along the central streets of the city, attacked passers-by, causing 7 citizens to be stabbed, according to clarified data.
“All the victims were hospitalised with wounds of varying severity.”
All were rushed to hospital with two in a critical condition.
Sickening photographs of those injured the attack, have emerged, including a person slumped on a bench, bleeding profusely.
Fears have surfaced that other weapons were used in the attack, including an axe and stones.
Investigators said the suspect had been “liquidated”.
They added they were investigating the possibility he was suffering from mental illness.
Investigators said it was not believed that the incident was related to terror.
No motive for the attack has been reported.
Russian police swoop on suspect after stabbing attack in Surgut
A number of victims were injured in the stabbing attack
Russian police rushed to the scene with reports of seven people stabbed
The suspect was shot dead by police in Surgut
Surgut has a population of about 350,000 people.
It is home to two of the world’s most powerful power plants.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368 . We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.