‘Psycho’ builder drove with two victims in boot before horrific rape and murder

Chilling footage of a ‘psycho’ builder driving with his two victims in the boot of a car before raping both of them and murdering one – his niece – has emerged.

Mujahid Arshid slashed 20-year-old Celine Dookhran’s throat and tried to murder another woman.

Arshid, 33, has been found guilty of murder, attempted murder, rape of both women and their kidnap. Today he was jailed for at least 40 years.

He was also convicted at the Old Bailey of sexually assaulting the surviving victim when she was 13.

Footage released by the Metropolitan Police today shows Arshid driving with both victims in the boot of a car, after gagging their mouths, hands and feet with tape.

In the clip, he is seen getting out of the vehicle to check the boot is shut properly, before climbing back into the driver’s seat.

As he was found guilty following 14 hours of jury deliberations, Miss Dookhran’s family shouted "yes" from the public gallery.

The trial heard Arshid kidnapped his niece and the other woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons.

The females were bound and gagged before being taken to a house Arshid was working on in Kingston-upon-Thames, in south west London, in July 2017.

Once there Arshid raped both women before slitting Miss Dookhran’s throat and dumping her body in a chest-high deep freezer he had installed two days earlier.

He then slashed the other woman’s neck but she managed to survive, and convinced him not to attack her further, it was alleged.

She later escaped and raised the alarm from hospital and gave details of the house, leading officers to discover the body of Miss Dookhran in the freezer.

By then Arshid had fled to Folkestone, Kent where he was later arrested in a Holiday Inn.

The court heard he bought the freezer, where Miss Dookhran was found, on Gumtree.

Asked why he bought it, he said: "I have always had an interest in biodiesel and the freezer was going to be a component piece to make biodiesel."

A police investigation revealed that Arshid had spent the three weeks prior to the incident planning how he could abduct Miss Dookhran and the second victim.

He was said to have been motivated to kill by his infatuation for them, and jealousy because of other relationships they were in.

The jury heard that he had carried out internet searches about how to dissolve bodies in acid and how long it took for someone to freeze to death.

Police said that on the morning of 19 July, Arshid entered an address in Mitcham wearing a balaclava.

Miss Dookhran and the second victim were gagged and had their mouths, hands and feet bound with tape. They were then wrapped in dust sheets.

Arshid is said to have gathered clothes and other items belonging to the two women and put them in a suitcase – it is believed that he wanted to make it look like they were running away.

The victims were loaded into the back of his vehicle.

Arshid then drove the victims to an address in Kingston, which he had been hired to carry out building work on and knew was empty.

Both women were raped by Arshid at the address and he slashed Miss Dookhran’s neck.

He then put her in a chest freezer he had installed at the property two days before on 17 July, and padlocked it shut.

The second victim also suffered a neck wound which was not fatal. She spoke to Arshid during the attacks and he stopped the violence.

She managed to get hold of a mobile phone whilst being held captive and tell her mother she had been kidnapped. She didn’t know where she had been taken, but was able to remember landmarks.

Arshid first drove home where he spoke to his wife whilst gathering belongings and his passport.

He then drove to New Malden and boarded a train to Kent.

When he was arrested, Arshid was carrying a key to the padlock on the freezer and was found with purses belonging to the two victims.

A post-mortem examination carried out at Kingston Mortuary gave Miss Dookhran’s cause of death as an incised wound to the neck.

Detective Chief Inspector Sam Price, who led the investigation for the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: "This was a sexually motivated attack of unspeakable violence and horror which ended in one murder, with a second surviving victim suffering serious injuries and ongoing trauma.

"Throughout the trial, Arshid’s attempts to deflect blame from himself have been deplorable. I am glad the jury have seen through his lies and have convicted him of these horrific crimes.

"Celine’s family have been forced to sit through weeks of reliving their daughter’s last hours and they have done this with absolute dignity. Their distress has been compounded by the fact Arshid was someone they knew and trusted.

"I would like to pay tribute to them, and the surviving victim, who have shown great strength and courage during this investigation – this is in complete contrast to Arshid’s cowardice."

The family of the surviving victim said at the end of the trial that it was not an honour killing.

A statement said: "Mujahid Arshid tried to destroy the life of the surviving victim ever since she met him, he has manipulated and lied repeatedly, and continued this throughout the trial.

"Mujahid Arshid persistently fabricated the truth and attempted to deceive the courts and the same can be said of those that have supported him during the course of this trial.

"More so, Arshid, by pleading not guilty, ensured that the surviving victim would have to relive that horrific day in minuscule detail during the course of this trial.

"He showed not an ounce of remorse throughout this trial, in spite of the hurt and pain he purposefully caused. He should hang his head in shame."

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chilling-footage-psycho-builder-driving-12026401

Leave a Reply