More than two months have passed since “Bachelorette” winner Garrett Yrigoyen publicly apologized for liking insensitive content on social media, but as the medical sales rep told People, the fallout from the scandal was difficult to overcome.
“It was tough,” said Yrigoyen, 29. “I didn’t mean to offend anyone.”
After receiving the first impression rose from future wife Becca Kufrin on the season premiere, Yrigoyen came under fire in late May for liking Instagram posts that mocked undocumented immigrants and the LGBTQ community.
“Just because I liked it, doesn’t necessarily mean that I supported it,” he explained. “I was raised in a very open-minded family that was accepting to everybody. We’re very non-judgmental. I’m genuinely sincere.”
Kufrin, 28, who accepted Yrigoyen’s proposal on Monday’s season finale, was quick to defend his character shortly after news broke.
“I can’t fault on anyone for what they believe and who’s to say that anyone is truly what they believe in if they just double tap,” Kufrin previously told Entertainment Tonight. “I can’t speak to that because that’s just not me. I am a strong woman and I do believe in certain things, but again, that’s what’s so great about our country — everyone is entitled to their own opinions.”
Kufrin made it clear on Monday’s “After the Final Rose” special that she and Yrigoyen want to move on together.
“That was a major thing we had to talk about early on in our relationship. I got to see who he is, his heat, his soul, and the Instagram situation,” she explained. “I don’t condone that, and I know he stands by his apology, but I just want to move forward.”
The 'Whaboom' guy from 'The Bachelorette' is back
Source: Read Full Article