BBC ‘steal Alan Carr from ITV to host quiz show as part of their new Saturday night line-up’ – but Claudia Winkleman goes the other way to join Saturday Night Takeaway
The BBC have reportedly stolen Alan Carr from ITV for their brand new Saturday night TV line-up.
It comes just weeks after the presenter and comedian, 46, had reportedly been tipped to replace David Walliams on Britain’s Got Talent but in a last-minute change they picked Strictly’s Bruno Tonioli instead.
And now Alan has wasted no time in signing a deal with the BBC to host their new quiz show Picture Slam, reports The Sun.
It comes as Claudia Winkleman has gone the other way – from the BBC to ITV – to join Ant and Dec on Saturday Night Takeaway which returns at the end of this month.
A TV insider told the publication of Alan: ‘Getting the big-money signing is payback for Alan, who was viewed as a shoo-in as replacement for the exiting David Walliams as BGT judge.
Talent: The BBC have reportedly stolen Alan Carr from ITV for their brand new Saturday night TV line-up
‘It was a slight to be in the running for the position for months only to be knocked out of the race at the last minute – particularly as Bruno shot to fame on a BBC show.
‘Now Alan could be an even bigger star of Saturday night telly that he might have been had he got the role on the BGT panel.’
For the past three years Alan has hosted Alan Carr’s Epic Gameshow for ITV on a Saturday night and now ITV bosses have said the show won’t be returning this year.
Alan, the BBC and ITV have been contacted by MailOnline for comment.
Alan was reportedly ‘devastated’ at losing out on the Britain’s Got Talent job last month.
A source close to the show said: ‘It is one the most peculiar events in showbusiness in recent years. Alan was told that he had the job and then all of sudden Bruno’s name popped up. It is so bizarre.
‘Some ITV bosses are cross at the decision, their preference was Alan as did most involved in the show who were really over the moon at the prospect of having join them for series.
Job: It comes as Claudia Winkleman has gone the other way – from the BBC to ITV – to join Ant and Dec on Saturday Night Takeaway which returns at the end of this month
Snubbed: It comes just weeks after the presenter and comedian, 46, had reportedly been tipped to replace David Walliams on Britain’s Got Talent but in a last-minute change they picked Strictly’s Bruno Tonioli instead
‘They all wanted him but Cowell was against it, he wanted his friend.’ Tonioli joining BGT means that there now two former Strictly judges on the panel – something ITV bosses are understood to have been against.
Alan was understood to be ‘devastated’ at losing out on the job which he thought was his.
Friends of the star said that he told he would be joining the show by those close to it two weeks ago.
He was allegedly changing the dates of his filming commitments on BBC show Ru Paul’s Drag Race so he could be at the BGT auditions.
He had even begun making arrangements for his on-screen clothing – until he saw reports that Toniloi also in line to take over from Walliams.
One told the Daily Mail: ‘He is trying to keep his head up, he thought that he had it. It is really disappointing for him. BGT have really missed a trick, especially with the on-screen chemistry between him and Amanda.’
Out: Shamed actor and author David, 51, was last year forced to leave the show after ten years following vile remarks he made about contestants during auditions in 2020
Shamed actor and author David Walliams was last year forced to leave the show after ten years following vile remarks he made about contestants during auditions in 2020.
It was reported in November that he stood down from his role, although sources close to the show say he ‘jumped before he was pushed.’
Elsewhere Claudia will be joining SNT with Ant and Dec later this month.
The ITV1 staple will be back on the box just next week, on Saturday February 25 at 7pm, after almost a year off the air.
The boys will bring the viewers at home and the live studio audience a host of new and exclusive features, live surprises, celebrity guests, returning favourites and outrageous stunts.
Some of the UK’s biggest celebrities will feature this year, with Joe Wicks and Claudia starring in brand new and hilarious editions of I’m A Celebrity…Get Out Of Me Ear!
Alison Hammond and Rylan Clarke will be the next unwitting victims of their very own Undercovers.
Viewer favourites are back including Ring My Bell, Singalong Live and Win the Ads and there are some brilliant End of the Show Shows planned throughout the series run which as always will amaze and entertain.
Ant & Dec will also have a brand new huge audience giveaway for 2023 and all will be revealed live on air in the first show!
They also have a brand new mini-series for 2023 which is a mystery whodunnit called Murder At Bigwig Manor.
Richard Wilson plays the Head of ITV with cameos including Davina McCall, Joel Dommett, Dermot O’Leary, Keith Lemon, AJ Odudu, Judi Love and Stephanie Cole.
Stephen Mulhern, Fleur East, Jordan North and Andi Peters all return with Stephen putting the boys through a brand new set of high octane Ant vs Dec challenges.
Exciting: Ant & Dec recently confirmed Saturday Night Takeaway’s return date with a hilarious ASMR-inspired trailer – and Claudia will be part of the new series
Source: Read Full Article