Law-breaking Rita Ora is named a new judge on The Voice Australia

Law-breaking Rita Ora’s career remains unscathed as she is named a new judge on The Voice Australia… just weeks after her infamous lockdown-flouting 30th birthday bash

  • Proving her career has remained untarnished, Rita was added to the line-up alongside Keith Urban, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy, in a revamp for 2021
  • Rita said: ‘I love The Voice and I adore Australia so this is a match made in heaven. Having been a coach on the UK series, I know how powerful it can be’
  • Rita is a seasoned talent show judge, having appeared on the British editions of The Voice and X Factor in 2015, so is more than prepared for the role 
  • Last month, the singer marked her 30th with a party at the Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill, West London , where police arrived to check out the bash 
  • After the party came to light, Rita agreed to pay a £10k fine and apologised for breaking coronavirus rules on large gatherings and household mixing 

Rita Ora had landed her first job since her infamous lockdown-flouting birthday bash last month, as she was named a new mentor on The Voice Australia on Tuesday.

Proving her career has remained untarnished by her illegal party, she delightedly confirmed she has been added to the line-up alongside Keith Urban, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy, in a revamp of the panel for the 2021 series. 

The singer marked her 30th birthday with a party at the Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill, West London, where police arrived to check out the bash after she held the party in the midst of the strict national lockdown amid coronavirus pandemic. 

Starring role! Rita Ora had landed her first job since her infamous lockdown-flouting birthday bash, as she was named a new mentor on The Voice Australia (pictured on the UK version of the show in 2015)

Speaking of her role, Rita said: ‘I love The Voice and I adore Australia so this is a match made in heaven. Having been a coach on the UK series, I know how powerful it can be in making dreams come true. I can’t wait to find Australia’s next superstar.’

As reported by Perth Now, Rita Ora will join an all-star panel of Australian singers, including Keith, 53, Jessica, 31, and last year’s mentor, Guy Sebastian, 39.

While Guy survived the chop when the reality program announced it’s move from Channel Nine to Channel Seven this year, the rest are out – former mentors Kelly Rowland, 39, Boy George, 59, and Delta Goodrem, 36, will not return.

Rita is a seasoned talent show judge, having appeared on the British editions of The Voice and X Factor in 2015, so is more than prepared for the role. 

Oh dear: The songstress marked her 30th birthday with a party at the Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill, West London , where police arrived to check out the bash after she held the party in the midst of the strict national lockdown amid coronavirus pandemic

As well as her TV and music work, the star also has a number of collaboration and endorsement deals, including big money contracts with EE and JD Sports. 

Despite her recent law-breaking drama, she has not suffered any fallback professionally and it has been reported that she has fled the UK.  

Last month, Rita agreed to pay a £10,000 fine and profusely apologised for breaking coronavirus rules on large gatherings and household mixing. 

That was then: Rita is a seasoned talent show judge, having appeared on the British editions of The Voice and X Factor in 2015, so is undoubtedly set for more action (pictured in a promo shot for The X Factor) 

Rita’s £10k fine is the maximum penalty that could be handed down to organisers of gatherings of more than 30 people during the last lockdown. Kensington and Chelsea Council confirmed its investigation into the alleged breach at the time. 

Poppy and Cara Delevingne joined TOWIE star Vas Morgan, 31, and Rita’s sister Elena, 32, in being pictured at the venue during the event.

Rita’s party was initially reportedly involving 30 friends, but sources later stressed it was only about seven. During the night, police officers were pictured outside at the eatery as they peered into windows and tried to open one metal door. 

The celebrity took to Instagram to apologise after being caught out 

Officers were seen outside Rita’s London home and Casa Cruz the next day. 

When the scandal erupted, Rita released a statement, reading: ‘Hello all, I attended a small gathering with some friends to celebrate my 30th birthday.

‘It was a spur of the moment decision made with the misguided view that we were coming out of lockdown and this would be OK. I’m deeply sorry for breaking the rules and in turn understand that this puts people at risk.

‘This was a serious and inexcusable error of judgement. Given the restrictions, I realise how irresponsible these actions were and I take full responsibility.’ 

He’s in: Grammy-winning country singer Keith Urban (pictured) is joining Rita on the panel

She’s in: Australian Idol runner-up Jessica (pictured) is also a new mentor 

‘I feel particularly embarrassed knowing first-hand how hard people have worked to combat this terrible illness and being fully aware of the sacrifices that people and businesses have made to help keep us all safe…

‘Even though this won’t make it right, I want to sincerely apologise.’ 

Notting Hill restaurant Casa Cruz, is named after Chilean-born Juan Santa Cruz, who resigned as restaurateur in February.  Nicholas Fallows, who is listed as the sole director of Casa Cruz London Ltd, insisted he was unaware of the event.   

The breach was a far cry from Rita’s actions earlier this year, when she launched coronavirus safety merchandise, emblazoned with the logo ‘Stop the spread’. 

Back then… Rita urged people to ‘stop the spread’ of coronavirus when she stepped out wearing a self-designed motif T-shirt in March 

Source: Read Full Article