Strictly Come Dancing’s Bruno Tonioli to be ‘REPLACED’ by Fresh Prince star Alfonso Ribeiro as show judge
He has been on the judging panel for all 16 series of Strictly Come Dancing since its launch in 2004.
But reports have claimed Bruno Tonioli is set to be replaced in the coming weeks, as Fresh Prince of Bel Air star Alfonso Ribeiro is tipped to take his place as judge.
According to The Sun, Alfonso – known for his role as Carlton Banks in the US sitcom – will step in for Bruno on the weekend of October 20.
Replaced? Reports have claimed Bruno Tonioli is set to be replaced in the coming weeks, as Fresh Prince of Bel Air star Alfonso Ribeiro is tipped to fill his absence on the judging panel
It’s believed the US star will take over Bruno’s judging responsibilities for the week, as the Strictly judge has been forced to miss a week of the BBC series due to his ‘busy working schedule’.
Strictly’s Neil Jones IGNORES his wife’s cheating scandal as…
Strictly’s Kristina Rhianoff admits she UNDERSTANDS Katya…
Strictly’s Darcey sparkles in sequinned jacket as she leaves…
Strictly bosses ‘in crisis talks after domestic abuse groups…
Share this article
A source told the paper: ‘Everyone is excited to have Alfonso on the judging panel. He will bring great energy to show following his winning appearance on Dancing with The Stars.’
Alfonso was crowned the winner of the US dancing competition in 2014, where he was partnered with professional dancer Witney Carson.
Fans will be pleased to hear that judging stalwart Bruno will be returning to Strictly Come Dancing, as a spokesperson for the BBC confirmed to The Mirror he will be back for the series’ Halloween special.
Temporary role: According to The Sun, Alfonso – known for his role as Carlton Banks in US sitcom Fresh Prince of Bel Air – will step in for Bruno on the weekend of October 20
Not for long: Fans will be pleased to hear that judging stalwart Bruno will be returning to Strictly, as the BBC confirmed to The Mirror he will be back for the series’ Halloween special
It’s not the first time Bruno has been forced to miss a Strictly live show, as last year he was absent from screens due to his working commitments elsewhere. The TV personality divides his time between the UK and Los Angeles whilst Strictly is airing, as he still appears as a judge on Dancing With The Stars over in the US.
MailOnline have contacted a representative for Bruno and a spokesperson for Strictly Come Dancing.
Bruno’s absence comes as Strictly has found itself at the centre of controversy in recent weeks, after pictures surfaced of Seann Walsh kissing his dance partner Katya Jones.
He had been in a relationship with girlfriend Rebecca Humphries, while Katya is married to fellow Strictly professional Neil Jones.
In demand: Bruno juggles his roles on Strictly Come Dancing and US series Dancing With The Stars, forcing him to fly back and forth between London and LA during filming
While Rebecca publicly dumped Seann following his infidelity, Neil is yet to break his silence on the kiss between his wife and the comedian.
Katya’s marriage to Neil – the pair wed in 2013 – has been under much scrutiny, after photos emerged of her passionate kiss with Seann. But seeming to brush off the scandal, Neil suggested there is no bad blood between himself and his wife, as he shared photo of the pair putting on an amicable display during a recent shoot.
It came as reports surfaced claiming the Strictly crew have thrown their support behind Katya and Seann. A source told The Sun: ‘Cast and crew were offering support. Whatever they think of the kiss they know it must have been a horrid week for them.
Shamed: Strictly has found itself at the centre of controversy in recent weeks, after pictures surfaced of Seann Walsh kissing his dance partner Katya Jones
Unfaithful: He had been in a relationship with girlfriend Rebecca Humphries, while Katya is married to fellow Strictly professional Neil Jones
‘He knows what he did was wrong but he feels he has done everything he can after kissing Katya and is desperate to get the chance to move on with Strictly and with his life.
‘He is training hard and is going to give everything he can in the performance. It is going to be emotion-packed as he and Katya know millions are watching their every move.’
However, show bosses are said to have come under fire after domestic abuse campaigners have urged that the show needs to act on Seann following his actions in light of the scandal.
Campaigners became involved after Seann’s ex-girlfriend Rebecca claimed he called her a ‘psycho’ for questioning his inappropriate behaviour with his married dance partner Katya. A Strictly insider revealed several groups have contacted executives and decided to meet to see if action should be taken against the shamed star.
Everything ok? Neil suggested there is no bad blood between himself and his wife, as he shared photo of the pair putting on an amicable display during a recent shoot
Over: Rebecca publicly dumped Seann following his infidelity and claimed he called her a ‘psycho’ for questioning his inappropriate behaviour with his married dance partner Katya
Rebecca was praised by a Woman’s Aid spokesperson who said she sent a ‘powerful message’ to women who were being controlled by their partners.
Seann has since apologised to his ex-girlfriend during a face-to-face encounter.
He is thought to have attempted to contact Rebecca twice, once after the images of his kiss with Katya emerged and also after she released a statement on Twitter regarding the smooch.
In the wake of the scandal he is allegedly desperate to move on with Strictly and his life, believing that he has done everything in his power to make it right.
All eyes will be on Seann and Katya on Saturday as they take to the floor to perform a Charleston routine with the viewers watching their every move.
Hitting back: She shared a public statement on Twitter condemning her ex-beau for his actions and won praise from Women’s Aid
Source: Read Full Article