PRINCE Charles has insisted the Queen is "all right" despite the 95-year-old monarch missing events after recently spending time in hospital.
During a visit to South London today, concerned well-wishers asked the Prince of Wales about his mother's health after doctors told her to stick to “light duties".
Charles, 72, was greeted by crowds of people as he left a branch of NatWest bank in Brixton after an engagement for the Prince's Trust this morning.
One man asked him: "Prince Charles, how is your mother?"
He replied: "She's all right, thank you".
Despite Charles' reassurance to the public, the Queen is set to miss the Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albery Hall in London on Saturday night.
Charles and wife Camilla will lead other members of the Royal Family including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Earl and Countess of Wessex and the Princess Royal at the annual event at the Royal Albert Hall.
Buckingham Palace has said it is the monarch's "firm intention" to be at the Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph, but her attendance has yet to be confirmed.
It comes after the Queen returned to Windsor Castle to rest earlier this week after spending a weekend in Sandringham.
Her Majesty was pictured on Tuesday morning being driven from her Norfolk estate, where she had spent the last few previous nights.
She had headed to Sandringham for a mini-break last week after being told by doctors to rest up.
🔵 Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest updates
The Queen has been recuperating after undergoing preliminary tests and spending a night in hospital last month.
The monarch wore a headscarf as she was driven off the estate before making the 105-mile journey to Windsor by helicopter from around 11.15am.
Doctors have told the Queen to remain on “light duties” for two weeks after spending a night in hospital last month for “preliminary investigations”.
The Queen had pulled out of a recent trip to Northern Ireland and the Cop26 climate summit in Glasgow after doctors told her to rest and was also forced to give up horse riding two months ago after suffering “discomfort”.
She conducted a Privy Council meeting by video link from Windsor on Wednesday afternoon, with ministers including Lord President of the Council Jacob Rees-Mogg and Education Secretary Nadhim Zahawi among others.
It comes after a royal expert claimed Her Majesty is "coming to terms" with the idea that "she won't be around forever".
As she paid a moving tribute to her son Charles and grandson William during her recorded COP26 speech last week, the monarch told delegates: "None of us will live forever."
Angela Levin, who penned an authorised biography on Prince Harry, said: "Perhaps she's telling us she's coming to terms with the fact she won't be around forever.
"She's a spiritual and religious woman. Perhaps she's prepared to go on in her role, but recognises that she's getting older."
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?
Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too.
Click here to upload yours.
Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.
Source: Read Full Article