Conor McGregor responds to Floyd Mayweather’s offer to train at his gym

Conor McGregor has given short shrift to Floyd Mayweather’s invitation to train at his Las Vegas gym.

Mayweather offered the use of his facility ahead of McGregor’s clash with Khabib Nurmagomedov on October 6.

But McGregor, who lost to the ring legend a year ago, has no interest in linking up with his former rival.

Mayweather had told TMZ : "I know that UFC has a training facility, but we’d like him to work at the Mayweather boxing club."

But McGregor tweeted in response: "F*** the Mayweathers, except Senior and Roger. There is no peace here kid. Step up or step down."

Mayweather stopped McGregor in the 10th round of their fight last August and the American had toyed with the idea of a rematch in the Octagon.

But the chances of that happening were always remote and McGregor will now attempt to win back the 155lb title.

He was stripped of both that and the featherweight strap during his absence from MMA.

And Mayweather also offered his opinion on the forthcoming fight.

"From what I know, (Nurmagomedov is) a hell of a grappler, and he can wrestle," he said. "But you know, the fans want to see you stand up and fight. That’s what they want to see.

"But Conor McGregor ‘s a tough competitor. Conor McGregor’s not going to back down from anyone. He’s not scared. He’s a warrior."

Who will win at UFC 229?

500+ VOTES SO FAR

Source: Read Full Article