Baby P’s monster mum Tracey Connelly ‘cried for two days’ after her plea for Christmas jail release was rejected – The Sun

BABY P's monster mum Tracey Connolly is being monitored around the clock to make sure she doesn’t harm herself – after crying for two days solid when she was denied a Christmas release.

Connelly, 38, trashed her cell after she was ordered to spend at least two more years behind bars last week.

She appeared before the parole board last month and gave an “impassioned plea” to be let out in the coming weeks.

But it was confirmed that board members ruled she had not changed her ways and is still a significant risk to the public.

Warders at Low Newton top security prison in County Durham are making extra checks on her to ensure her well being.

A source said: “She really thought that it was a case of third time lucky. She was confident because she’d done lots of courses and tests and thought she was ready for freedom.

“She wept for two days solidly when she found out and officers have been making extra checks on her and engaging in her conversation to make sure she is coping.”

Inmates can only appear before the Parole Board every two years.

Baby P mum Connelly gave evidence in person and offered to undergo any kind of restrictions on her liberty including a lie detector test, electronic tag and strict curfew in return for being released.

But the Parole Board deemed her such a continued risk to the public that they ruled she was not even fit to be transferred to an open prison with a more relaxed regime.

Parole Board's decision not to release Connelly read: "After considering the circumstances of her offending, the progress made while in custody and the evidence presented at the hearing, the panel's view was that Ms Connelly was not suitable for release.

"Furthermore, the panel did not recommend to the Secretary of State that Ms Connelly should be transferred to an open prison.

"Given that a key intervention remained to be completed, the panel considered that Ms Connelly was appropriately located in closed conditions where remaining levels of risk should be addressed.

"The benefits of a move to open conditions at this time were considered to be limited and to be outweighed by the remaining risks that Ms Connelly represents.

"She will be eligible for another parole review in due course."

In May 2009, Connelly was ordered to be held indefinitely, with a minimum jail term of five years, until 'deemed no longer to be a risk to the public and in particular to small children' after the death of son Peter – known as Baby P.

She was freed in 2013 but was jailed again in 2015 after breaking the terms of her indefinite sentence by flogging porn pics of herself to ghouls and spent time at HMP Styal in Cheshire before being moved to the north east of England.

Connelly’s toddler son Peter died after suffering more than 50 injuries at the hands of her partner Steven Barker and his paedophile brother Jason Owen over an eight-month period at a flat in London.

When she was originally freed she begged for an anonymity order and police protection but was refused.

The horrific nature of tragic Peter's death – despite being on Haringey Council's at-risk register – shocked Britain.

He was found dead in his blood-stained cot at his mother's flat after 60 visits from social workers and police.

At their 2008 trial, Owen and Barker were found guilty of 'causing or allowing the death of a child' while Connelly had pleaded guilty to the charge.

Barker was jailed for 12 years for the Baby P case and a life sentence for raping a two-year-old girl.

Owen was also jailed indefinitely and ordered to serve three years minimum.

A Ministry of Justice spokesman said: "We don't comment on individual prisoners."

Source: Read Full Article