‘Boris is a legend to all kids for life!’ Pupils take to the internet to celebrate closure of Britain’s schools (while others worry what will happen to their exams)
- All schools in England will close on Friday, along with those in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, PM announced today
- When school gates shut, they will not reopen for the foreseeable future
- Closures raise major questions over whether key exams will be able to go ahead
- Teachers and staff self-isolating has left schools struggling to open as normal
- Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?
Right now on Twitter, Boris Johnson is being hailed as a ‘legend to all kids for life’.
Social media is awash with memes following the announcement this afternoon that all schools in England – along with those in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland – will close from Friday due to the coronavirus outbreak.
GCSE and A-Level exams planned for May and June will be rescheduled.
Education Secretary Gavin Williamson said that when school gates in England shut, they will not reopen for the foreseeable future.
There will still be a skeleton operation kept in place across the country so children of key workers can be looked after to enable their parents to continue to work.
Meanwhile, from referencing Alice Cooper’s hit song School’s Out to Star Wars and The Simpsons, pupils (and grown-ups) have wasted no time in letting their feelings be known…
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article