MEGHAN'S name was removed from Archie's birth certificate by members of her own royal staff – NOT Buckingham Palace.
Aides at Team Sussex rewrote the document and replaced 'Rachel Meghan' with 'Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex'.
👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news and gossip...
The mysterious change was carried out a month after Archie's birth on June 5th 2019.
The couple’s Californian PR team in statement on Sunday said changes to Archie's birth certificate were "dictated by the Palace.”
But Royal insiders say Buckingham Palace was not involved and that it was Kensington Palace officials.
A royal source said: "The birth certificate was changed by the former office of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex they had when they were working members of the royal family.
"It was changed to ensure consistency of the name and title of the Duchess with other private documents."
Harry and Meghan had their own team of staff based in an office at Kensington Palace when Archie was born on May 6 2019.
His birth was registered on May 17 and the changes to the birth certificate made on June 5.
Only days later the Sussexes quit Kensington Palace where they had worked alongside Kate and William and shipped operations to Buckingham Palace.
The Sussexes office was part of the Buckingham Palace royal operation but had its own team of staff.
The couple who now live in a £11million mansion in Montecito, California, did not respond to our requests for comment on the birth certificate change at the weekend.
But a statement issued late on Sunday evening claimed the change to Archie's certificate was "dictated" by “The Palace.”
A spokesman for the couple said: "The change of name on public documents in 2019 was dictated by The Palace, as confirmed by documents from senior Palace officials.
"This was not requested by Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex nor by The Duke of Sussex."
It is understood the statement was issued by Harry and Meghan's LA-based PR team.
A royal source said: "It was not dictated by Buckingham Palace."
It is not suggested that Harry and Meghan have sought to mislead the public.
The Sussexes continued to have their own team after Archie's birth and split from Kate and William and moved operations to Buckingham Palace in the summer of 2019.
But they fired around 15 aides when they quit royal duty last year.
Buckingham Palace last night did not want to comment.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article