Overloaded power strips caused the fatal Trump Tower blaze earlier this month, the FDNY said Monday.
“Cause of the 4/7 fatal 4-alarm fire at 721 5th Ave Manhattan was accidental, electrical — sequenced power strips powering multiple components. Smoke alarm not present in fire apartment,” the department tweeted.
Resident Todd Brassner, 67, was killed and four firefighters injured in the blaze, which broke out in Brassner’s 50th-floor apartment in the Fifth Avenue skyscraper April 7.
Source: Read Full Article