NANCY Pelosi has served as the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives on two separate occasions.
As speaker of the House, Pelosi is second in the presidential line of succession, after Vice President Kamala Harris.
Where is Nancy Pelosi today?
The historic trillion-dollar bipartisan infrastructure bill passed by Congress is a major win for President Joe Biden and Democrats that will soon sign into law.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi released a statement congratulating and praising Biden for this landmark legislation that will ensure clean drinking water, safer roads, and bridges, improve public transit, provide job opportunities, and improve communities.
Pelosi assures Americans that this historical move by the president to invest in America's infrastructure will last decades and generations to come.
"Together, our bills will forge the greatest progress for families in a generation," Pelosi said in a statement on her official website.
Democrats had been struggling to unite moderate and progressive wings to enact the President's agenda for months. The legislation will allocation $500 billion of new federal investments over five years.
Nancy Pelosi timeline
- November 6, 2021: Pelosi speaks on congress passing the $1.2trillion infrastructure bill.
- October 21, 2021: Pelosi speaks on the billion-dollar social benefits package at Capitol Hill.
- October 9, 2021: Pelosi meets with the pope in Rome, Italy.
- September 30, 2021: Pelosi is attending the congressional vote on the $1trillion infrastructure bill
- September 29, 2021: Pelosi attends the annual Congressional baseball game where Democrats and Republicans are competing.
- September 17, 2021: Pelosi will attending the G7 Heads of Parliament Conference in Chorley, England
- September 13, 2021: Pelosi joined San Francisco Mayor London Breed for a 'Vote No' campaign for the California recall of Governor Gavin Newsom.
- September 11, 2021: The Madam Speaker joined President Biden and former Presidents Obama, Clinton, and their respective first ladies at the 9/11 memorial in NYC.
- September 1, 2021: Pelosi was blasted after being accused of refusing to let the names of the 13 fallen US service members be read out on the House floor.
- August 23, 2021: The House Speaker was ripped after she was seen with dozens of unmasked donors at a lavish Democratic fundraiser.
- July 28, 2021: Pelosi was blasted for branding Kevin McCarthy a ‘moron’ after GOP leader opposed new mask mandate for vaccinated Americans
- July 25, 2021: Pelosi appoints Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger to serve on the Select Committee.
- July 21, 2021: Pelosi bars DonaldTrump allies from the committee.
- June 24, 2021: The 81-year-old announced a committee to investigate the Capitol riots.
- June 10, 2021: Pelosi releases a rare joint statement with Majority Leader Steny Hoyer regarding a tweet from Ilhan Omar.
- June 7, 2021: The House Speaker urges leaders to pass the H.R. 1 and the S. 1 regarding future elections.
- May 20, 2021: The house speaker is seen chatting to colleagues without amask hours after urging leaders to wear one.
- April 19, 2021: Lawmakers call on Pelosi to resign after saying Maxine Waters does not need to apologize for allegedly inciting violence.
What is Pelosi’s role in the United States House of Representatives
As House Speaker, Pelosi is the leader of the Representatives and is simultaneously the House's presiding leader of the body's majority party.
She has enforced a mandatory face mask policy on the House floor.
As House Speaker, Pelosi usually doesn't preside over debates – instead, that duty is delegated to House members from the majority party.
Pelosi was elected to her fourth (second consecutive) term as Speaker of the House on January 3, 2021.
The Democrat from California first served as House Speaker from 2007 to 2011, and then again in 2019 to present.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article