A TEENAGE boy has claimed he was raped at a refugee hotel where a child is said to have been sexually assaulted in a separate attack.
Police have arrested two men after launching probes into the alleged sex attacks which are said to have taken place at a hotel used to house refugees in East London.
A teenager has claimed he was raped by a man in his 30s at the hotel.
And another alleged sexual assault against a child is said to have taken place at the facility.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed to The Guardian that officers were investigating both sex crime claims.
Cops today confirmed to The Sun Online that a man in his 30s had been arrested and charged for rape, while a teenager had been arrested for sexually assaulting a child.
Read More UK News
Met cops who joked about raping teen in text group with Wayne Couzens are jailed
Woman found stabbed to death in flat as man, 33, arrested for ‘murder’
The rape is said to have happened last month, while the alleged sexual touching was a month prior.
The Met said: "Police were called on Wednesday, 5 October to a report of a rape at a hotel in Waltham Forest.
"Officers attended and spoke to the victim, a boy in his teens, and his family. Specialist support is being provided.
"A man, aged in his 30s, was arrested at the scene and taken into custody.
Most read in The Sun
Hancock’s huge I’m A Celeb pay cheque revealed & it's one of the largest ever
EastEnders fans fume as The One Show's Alex and Jermaine 'snub' Danielle Harold
I’m A Celeb’s Matt Hancock could be ruled out of doing Bushtucker Trials
Katie Price strips to lingerie in racy photoshoot to win more OnlyFans
"He was bailed to return on a date in early January 2023."
They added: "A male, believed to be aged 17, was charged on Sunday, 11 September with one count of sexual touching of a child under 13.
"He was bailed by the court to appear at Stratford Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, 9 November.
"The charge relates to an incident at a hotel in Waltham Forest on Friday, 9 September. The victim is being supported by specialist officers."
Both incidents took place within weeks of each other at a hotel where 150 children are reportedly squeezed in alongside 250 adults.
This comes after growing fears of chronic overcrowding and unsafe facilities for refugees that have put significant pressure on the home secretary, Suella Braverman.
The Guardian reported Grace Williams, the leader of Waltham Forest council, had written to Braverman to raise concerns about the lack of safeguarding at the London facility.
She reportedly said: “We have continuously expressed our view that accommodating families with children in contingency hotels is detrimental to children’s wellbeing.
"It is now evident that it is a risk to their safety too.”
Source: Read Full Article