LA Dodgers star Trevor Bauer's paid administrative leave has been extended for another seven days, Major League Baseball has confirmed.
The league placed the 30-year-old pitcher on forced leave for seven days last Friday after a woman accused him of two vicious sexual assaults that allegedly left her unconscious.
Under Major League Baseball’s domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse policy, the league needed approval from the players union to extend Bauer’s leave.
Bauer has not been charged or arrested. He has also insisted the sexual encounters between him and his accuser were consensual.
The accuser, referred to in court documents only as Ms. Hill, was granted a temporary restraining order against the star last week.
The Pasadena Police Department is investigating allegations of felony assault against him. MLB is conducting its own separate probe.
In a statement on Thursday, Bauer's attorney, Jon Fetterolf, said: "We continue to refute [the woman's] allegations in the strongest possible terms and Mr. Bauer vehemently denies her account of their two meetings.
"Again, administrative leave is neither a disciplinary action nor does it in any way reflect a finding in the league's investigation."
Hill, 27, claims the alleged assaults took place on two separate occasions, on April 21 and May 15, at Bauer's home.
The pair initially began talking on Instagram before agreeing to meet in person, she claimed in a report filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on June 29.
The woman said she consented to have consensual sex with Bauer, but that she "did not agree or consent to what he did next … I did not agree to be sexually assaulted."
Hill claims the Dodgers pitcher "without asking me or telling me in advance, he wrapped my hair around my neck and choked me."
She also alleged that Bauer hit her in the face, punched her vagina and buttocks, and sodomized her without her permission – leaving her bleeding and struggling to walk.
Hill said she lost consciousness during both encounters. She was hit in the face during the second.
Text messages appeared to show that Bauer messaged Hill to ask her how she was in the aftermath of the alleged attack.
Bauer reportedly said: “I feel so bad that this happened. Wish I could be there with you through it.”
A second message read: “I do. I absolutely do. Never want to see you hurting.”
In disturbing images included as part of the report, Hill can be seen with two black eyes and scratch marks across her face.
Medical records appear to show she was hospitalized for injuries after their second meeting, claiming to have been diagnosed with a head injury and assault by manual strangulation.
However, in a report released earlier on Thursday, Hill appears to have told Bauer she likes being choked after their first sexual encounter, writing: "Never been more turned on in my life. Gimme all the pain. Rawr.
In messages obtained by DailyMail.com, Bauer appears to suggest "slaps in the face" to which Hill responds: "yes yes yes."
She is also said to have written: "The pink socks stay ON while cuddling…Buttttt offff [sic] when it's time to choke me out."
Hill adds: "Mmmm, get a couple of slaps in there and then another handprint on my @$$.
Bauer, who denies the allegations against him, replies: "Mmmm. Do you even know what pain is." Hill says: "Idk. Try me."
The report came after Bauer's agent Jon Fetterolf told TMZ on Wednesday: "Mr. Bauer had a brief and wholly consensual sexual relationship initiated by [the accuser] beginning in April 2021.
"We have messages that show [the accuser] repeatedly asking for 'rough' sexual encounters involving requests to be 'choked out' and slapped in the face."
The woman's attorney, Marc Garelick, said: "Our goal is to keep Mr. Bauer from contacting our client in any way possible.
"[We] sought and obtained an order for Protection from the Court against Mr Trevor Bauer, under the Domestic Violence Prevention Act."
Garelick added: "The order is a result of a recent assault that took place at the hands of Mr. Bauer where Ms. Hill suffered severe physical and emotional pain.
"We anticipate there will be criminal action against Mr Bauer, and it is our hope law enforcement will take our client’s allegations and case seriously."
A hearing on the restraining order is scheduled for July 23, which will decide whether the temporary order will become permanent.
Most read in US News
Historic' snow totals warning as bomb cyclone blizzard hits northeast
Shark Tank star Andy Thomas dies as fans shocked by news in show tribute
The dark curse of beauty queens with contestants accused of rape & torture
Fans concerned as Mia Khalifa's Facebook changed to 'death' tribute page
Fetterolf said Bauer and his alleged victim "have not corresponded in over a month and have not seen each other in over six weeks."
Fetterolf added: "Her basis for filing a protection order is nonexistent, fraudulent, and deliberately omits key facts, information, and her own relevant communications.
"Any allegations that the pair’s encounters were not 100% consensual are baseless, defamatory, and will be refuted to the fullest extent of the law."
Source: Read Full Article