Vet's urgent warning over soft toys – they could be deadly to your pet | The Sun

A VET has issued an urgent warning over soft toys – saying they could be deadly to your pet.

The expert outlined three sorts of toys that dog owners should avoid – including the much-loved plush ones.

The man, who posts under the name the Melrose vet, posted a clip to TikTok.

He explained that soft toys can be dangerous because the stuffing can cause stomach issues for your furry friends.

In the clip the vet said: "Dogs can tear those apart.

"They're filled with a lot of foreign material that can easily get stuck in their gut."

Read more on UK news

Urgent vet warning over common plant that’s toxic to dogs

Urgent vet warning over popular treat dogs obsess over

He also shared two other sorts of toys you shouldn't buy your pet.

The expert said people should avoid buying the rubber latex balls, explaining: "The rubber that covers the latex ball has a hole that can easily get stuck on your dog's lip or tongue."

He also said small toys are a no-go, adding: "Dogs can easily choke on those.

"Avoid them at all costs."

Most read in The Sun

baby joy

Strictly star reveals she's pregnant with first child live on air

missing star

Leeds Festival 2023 thrown into chaos as performer ‘goes missing’


Made in Chelsea star's two-year-old daughter tragically dies


Toxic truth about most downloaded shopping app that has astonishing discounts

Vets often take to social media to get warnings out to pet owners.

One expert recently revealed a common garden flower that can make your beloved dog seriously ill.

It comes after an urgent warning was put over five hazards that could kill your dog this summer.

One expert also warned how owners can keep their eyes peeled for signs of heatstroke in a dog.

Another vet also warned what to do if your dog gets randomly sick in the morning – and why they may need to visit a clinic.

It comes after a vet issued an urgent warning to dog owners over the three daily habits that could be a sign that your pooch needs to go to the vets.

The Sun previously told how dog owners had been warned to avoid giving their four-legged friends sticks because they could have deadly consequences.

It came after the British Veterinary Association revealed the risks involved with letting your dog play with a stick.

Source: Read Full Article